In order to use the full features of HP’s Integerated Lights-Out system a license key needs to be added. The process of adding a license is as simple as connecting to the iLO web interface and following the steps in the license section. If for some reason you want to remove the license it’s not quite as simple as clicking a button.
Thankfully it’s not actually that difficult to remove the license, just a pain having to use an extra tool. The steps below show you how to complete the removal in a few minutes.
- Download Putty if you don’t already have it.
- Open putty and enter the IP of the iLO server, select SSH and open the connection.
- Login using the same credentials used for the iLO web interface (username is case sensitive).
- type the following command and hit enter. delete /map1 license
- The command may take 5-10 seconds to complete so wait until confirmation is shown.